The goal with this plugin was to help those not familiar with SEO and the damage that can occur by simply deleting products, resulting in 404 errors and a loss of SEO for that page. If you are pulling in 20,000 page views a month from a product, simply deleting it means increased bounced rates and a loss of page views. However if you redirect or even give a notice to the user that the product is no longer being offered, then you can allow users to jump to the parent category or automatically be redirected. While we tend to avoid redirects due to lack of information available to users, we did include this functionality, but would instead recommend using the notice feature available in this plugin. Scenarios to use the forced redirection would be say a compliance issue with a merchant.
- Popup on deletion of product advising to setup redirect or notice
- Redirect, display a notice, or add a landing page for products
- Option to display recommended products below the notice
- Option to display a notice for out of stock products
- Option to display recommended products for out of stock products
- Build around Advanced Custom Fields, which means if you already have this installed you won’t have to worry about additional logic for handling redirects.
Click an image below to see it in full size
We provide support and updates to our customers as long as they have a valid license.
- Backup WordPress
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the WooCommerce->Redirection page to configure the plugin
Bugfix: Unexpected output on activation due to admin notices displaying after activation
Enhancement: Made use of namespacing to prevent class clashes
Optimized: Various code chunks
Bugfix: Product recommendations no longer show out of stock products
Bugfix: Class exists checks
Bugfix: Empty category handling
Bugfix: Product recommendations not displaying on out of stock variations
Removed: ACF dependency, it’s now a standalone install to make sure it’s easily updated by the end-user
Bugfix: Notices not displaying on out of stock variations
Optimized: Code initialization and error handling
Added: Recommendation hook location selection
Added: Recommendation count
Bugfix: Notice styling
Updated: ACF dependency update